- Gait analysis on a pressure plate
- Video analysis on an instrumented treadmill/turbo trainer
- Preferential motor coordination assessment
- Postural and biomechanical assessment
Sports podiatry focuses on how the foot and lower limb interact with the ground during specific sports motion. It can be applied to different kind of sports like running, cycling, tennis, golf, skiing…
Foot orthoses aimed at reducing/suppressing pain and improve function, in the foot and the lower limb. Thus, it can help at maintaining physical activity, or returning to sports after a lower limb injury. It may be combined with other rehabilitation strategies.
You can also ask us for a check up/motion assesment, to get some advice on injury prevention or performance improvement.
Frequently seen conditions :
- In the foot : plantar heel pain (plantar fasciitis), Achilles tendinopathy, stress fracture, Morton neuroma, chronic ankle sprain
- Shin splint (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)
- In the knee : patellofemoral pain, patellar tendinopathy, IT band syndrom
- Hip pain, groin pain and low back pain
- Growth pathologies : Sever’s disease (calcaneal apophysitis), Renander, Osgood-Schlatter, Sinding-Larsen
- Footwear recommandation
- Running technique & exercise advice
- Custom-made foot orthoses, Taping
- Onward referral to other specialist
Each invidual has its own preferred movement path. By enlighting your natural predispositions and your sports specific needs, we can work on custom designed solutions.
From 30min to 1hour.
First of all we start with a discussion aiming to understand your expectations and set your goals. Secondly, we analyse how you walk, run or move while doing your own physical activity, with clinical tests. Your footwear is taken into account as well.
We are using several measurement devices such as: high-speed cameras and Optogait system (kinematic analysis), pressure mapping, 3D inertial sensor, and dynamometer (kinetic analysis).
Then, we agree on how we may work together to improve your situation. For instance, this can involve cutom-made foot orthoses, general and footwear advice, exercices, running form modifications and/or a teamwork with other healthcare professionals. Foot orthoses are tailor-made for each sport.